Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

NOTD: Black & White


Since I trimmed my nails shorter than usual, I decided to do black tips and made an attempt at nail art. I didn't know what I was doing but what the hey! The stripes aren't so clean and straight and I couldn't find a toothpick for the dots until I did my left hand (pictured on the right side) so you can see the difference. I think I should have done three dots by the diagonal line instead of four, but it's all good. If you're interested, here's what I did:

  1. Apply a clear base coat.
  2. Paint a black tip and freehand a smile line as best as you can. I used 2 coats of Pure Ice Black Rage.
  3. Paint a wide diagonal white stripe from the bottom inner corner of your nail to the upper outer corner. The "inner" side of your nail is the thumb side (at least to me). Overlap the white strip over the black tip. I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On.
  4. Paint a thin black stripe on the center of the white stripe. I used So Easy Stripe Rite from Sally Beauty Supply. If you make a mistake with this brand of polish (it's paint), you can take it off with alcohol without disturbing the polish underneath.
  5. Use a toothpick to apply 3 dots to the smile line and 4 dots next to the bottom white stripe.
  6. Apply a top coat and you're done!


(If someone else has done this exact design, then it's just a coincidence.)

10 comment(s):

Jasmin said...

I love your nails ! The design is awesome ! show me !hahah

.cupcake love. said...

I love the design Lostris!
It's so BOLD :)
I gotta try this design next time :)
I'm posting a NOTD too :D

Lady Lostris said...

@Jasmin, thanks so much! <3

@Kaycee, I thought it was bold, too. Glad you liked it cuz it was the first time I ever did a nail art manicure. I liked your manicure too! =)

charlene-ann said...

awww i LOVE IT =) ILL BE POSTING my nail designs soon...ive missed your posts <3

Jennnyy. said...

that is actually REALLY cute :) good job !

Lady Lostris said...

@charlene-ann, thank you hun! I'll check 'em out =)

@Jennnyy., thanks a lot! I tried. lol =P

A. Blogger said...

Hey Lostris, I love the black and white nails! It looks really bold and simple at the same time.

Do you think you will do youtube videos again?

Lady Lostris said...

@MissWenWen, thanks! Using two colors is very simple, indeed! Hmm, as for videos, I may do one in the future but I just don't know when. lol =)

Vanessa M. said...

how pretty! you make it seem so simple!!

Pam said...

you did a really good job on this, found your web site when searching for nail polish storage. Check out my blog at naileglance.blogspot.com

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB