I usually don't like lip palettes because most are sheer and they come with dinky brushes with short handles, just like my MAC Intriguing Scarlet holiday palette from last year. When I first got this NYX palette, I was very skeptical because the surface of the glosses looked dry and hard. Man, was I wrong! Let's get on with the review...
NYX LUSCIOUS LIP GLOSS PALETTE in THE NUDES
- PRICE: $6-$8
- WHAT: A palette of 5 lipglosses
- WHERE: NYX Cosmetics, Non Pareil Boutique, Cherry Culture & other NYX sellers
- AMOUNT: 7.5 g total or 0.26 oz (1.5 g for each color)
- COLORS: Available in 8 different palettes
- DIMENSIONS: 10.2 cm x 6.7 cm x 1.2 cm (metric's so much easier, America)
- INGREDIENTS: Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Was, Ceresin, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Isostearyl Isostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyisobutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Mica, Pigment (C.I.)
Label: click to enlarge
COLOR DESCRIPTIONS for THE NUDES
- Mid-tone warm brownish-nude creme
- Mid-tone mauvish berry-pink creme
- Light peach-orange creme
- Light baby pink or Barbie pink creme
- Light cool-toned nude beige or khaki creme
(MakeupGeek has great pics of these palettes at her store.)
Flash pics, above, are truer in color
THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
- Nicely pigmented (make sure you load up your brush)
- Creamy, moist, smooth texture
- Not sticky
- Glossy finish
- Coverage is just about opaque if you apply enough product
- Convenient, easy-to-open packaging with mirror and lip brush (it's better than no lip brush)
- Good range of colors
- You get 5 different colors in one palette
- Lip brush bristles are frayed, not tapered, not stiff enough, not dense and too long. Make sure you use another brush that's stiffer for better application (the brush is basically the only bad & ugly thing)
- Fruity scent may bother some, but I don't find it offensive
- Not available in stores (you'll probably have to order it)
The Sephora brush is longer but the bristles are stiffer and of better quality than the NYX. See the little strays on the NYX brush?
PERFECT NUDESThe 1st & 2nd colors mixed together with a little of the 4th.
The 1st and 3rd colors mixed together. When you mix the browns with any brighter color, you'll get a perfect nude lippie. Love 'em!
The light pink first, then I added the dark pink.
The 2nd and 5th color mixed - my fave. I'm loving this palette more and more each day!
Despite the horrible lip brush, I love "The Nudes" lip gloss palette because it offers a nice range of colors in one palette - two nude browns, a berry color, a peach and a pink. It also comes with a convenient mirror and the glosses are well-pigmented, non-sticky and creamy. The best thing about it is that you get 5 colors for about $7. You gotta love that!FINAL THOUGHTS
But I wonder how well-pigmented are the shimmery colors in the other palettes. Lemme know!
FINAL GRADE: A
Related Link: Swatches: NYX Lipsticks & Lipglosses
Thank you for checking out this review! =)
Copyright © 2009, Lady Lostris