Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Bargain Nail Polish Rack


Hello everyone! I was running out of space for all my nail polish on the top shelf of my corner storage. Initially, there were three rows of polish there (only two rows in the picture below) and it was hard to see what was behind the first row. So, I had to find some better storage.

So what do you think? It's much better now, but I had to move the rack to the other side of my room, since my new storage unit is too wide to fit on top of the black shelf.




Do you see any blue polishes?....Nope, I need to get one.


"NAIL POLISH RACK" SPECS

3-Tiered Shelf Organizer


  • WHAT: Room Essentials Tiered Shelf Organizer. This is actually intended for kitchen storage but it's an alternative to a real nail polish rack.
  • WHERE: I purchased this at Target in the kitchen section near the lazy Susans and drawer organizers. I can't find this online.
  • PRICE: $8.24
  • DIMENSIONS: 14 1/4" x 9 9/16" x 3 3/8"
  • MATERIAL: Made from plastic and claims to have a non-slip surface. Not! The gray area is still slippery like plastic and has raised bumps in a grid pattern, which I find annoying.
  • DESCRIPTION: This plastic organizer has 3 tiers. Each tier is deep enough to hold 2 rows of your nail polish bottles. However, since this isn't a true nail polish rack, the second row on each tier will not sit higher than the first row. But it's all good! This is much better storage than just lining up your nail polish on a flat shelf.
  • NAIL POLISH STORAGE SPACE: Each tier will hold about 10-12 bottles of nail polish, depending on the size of the bottles. It will hold even more if you're using it for skinny nail art polishes. But as an estimate, the whole unit can hold an average of 66 bottles, and will definitely hold at least 60 bottles. I have 53 bottles on mine, and still have another row free.



The only thing I don't like about it is that the back part is cutout - there's no back "leg". So I couldn't put this on top of my black shelf, hanging over the edge, because it won't stand up. I added some non-slip pads under the sides so that it won't slip on top of the drawers I have it on.

WHY DIDN'T I JUST BUY A REAL NAIL POLISH RACK?


Because I didn't want to spend $25-$50 plus shipping on just a nail polish rack. Yes, they look lovely and all, but right now I'd rather spend that money on nail polish itself.

At first, I was going to buy a lazy Susan to hold my nail polish (lol), thinking that it would be cool to have a rotating nail polish rack, but I figured it would be hard to reach the bottles on the inside of the bottom tier. But it was still a good idea, right?



***************************

TEASER


A hot mess on the floor. I've played with this stuff for several days already and overall, I'm pleased. An "elf Studio Haul & Review" post is coming soon. UPDATE: It's up now!


Have a nice day ladies! =)

8 comment(s):

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

Agree with you on saving on the rack to spend on the polish itself :-) I need a rack too, can't find a cheap but usable one yet :-)

.cupcake love. said...

hey hun, great buy !
i reaaaally need to get a rack but i was really hoping to find a wall rack instead -_-;; they're so expensive!

Unknown said...

I love your nail polish collection!! I love how you used shelf organizer and you saved a lot of money. Its a great idea.

I can wait for your elf review!!!!

Unknown said...

great idea! next time i go to target i'll check this out

Lady Lostris said...

@Halifax, heck yeah, I'd rather spend that money on more nail polish or some shoes...I've been wanting another pair of boots. lol

@Kaycee, hey girl! Those wall racks are expensive, huh? But they look really nice on the wall though.

@Becky, thanks hun! I'm trying to save up some money for a couple MAC holiday palettes.
I'll try to get the elf Studio post up next week.

@giselle, definitely check it out because it's so cheap. There were only two at my Target though. I was looking at the Lazy Susans when the shelf caught my eye and I figured it was way better. =)

Witoxicity said...

It was very rational of you to spend more money on nailpolishes than on the rack itself. The new rack looks good. Easy to see and easy to reach for the bottles. I thought the lazy susan idea a very good one!

Lady Lostris said...

@witoxicity, thank you! So the lazy Susan idea wasn't that bad, huh? lol =)

714Star said...

I like the lazy susan idea. I'll probably use that I'll just add something to the middle of the bottom rack to keep maybe 2 rows deep of nailpolish anymore will probably get difficult to reach for.

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB