Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion


Tonight after washing my face, I tried my sample of the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion scrub which I received as a sample with my Sephora order. OMG! First of all, a full size 1.7 oz jar of this costs $75 so I am lucky to have a sample.

This is a white creamy substance with a granular texture which feels exactly like baking soda. You're supposed to wet your face with warm water and massage for 1-2 minutes. It had a tingling and cool sensation; actually it kind of burned a little at first. It's the same kind of sensation you get when you use a mask like Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. It was more of a menthol kind of burn as opposed to a hot kind of burn. The cool sensation lasted for a few minutes after washing and the sample pack is good for 3-4 uses.

When I started to rinse this off I immediately felt the results! I could feel that my skin was so soft, smooth, slippery and supple. And when I finally patted my face dry my skin literally felt like a baby's bottom. It's something I've never felt before on my face! If you've ever tried a scrub with papain, which is the enzyme in papayas, it makes your skin feel that soft and supple. I used to use a scrub by Origins called "Never A Dull Moment" that contained papain but the ground apricot and mango seeds in it were so scratchy. However, it gave the same smooth feeling as the Dr. Brandt scrub but with the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion it feels two or three or four times better. I can see why this product is popular despite the hefty price. I'm not the type to spend $75 on one skin care item but I would probably get this in the future. I'll add it to my wishlist!

This is recommended to be used once or twice a week, allowing a three day break between usages. Check sephora.com for a list of the product's ingredients.

My grade for this scrub is 4.5 stars out of 5.

0 comment(s):

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB