Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Scandalous Eyeshadow Magnet


If you frequent YouTube, you may have heard about a fairly new cosmetics company based in the Los Angeles area called Scandalous, which offers an eyeshadow base called the Eyeshadow Magnet (5g). I bought mine on ebay but if you're around the L.A. area (shoutout to the Southland), you can buy it at the Stoneridge Mall in Downey or at the Montebello Mall in Montebello for $14. If you order from ebay, you'll have to pay $3 for shipping. EDIT: It's now available at their website.

The texture of this base is VERY RICH, creamy, thick & sticky. This matte, rich cream is a light ivory color but after blending it out on your eyelids, it will basically look like a soft white base but not a stark, pure white. My label says "light" but I don't know if it comes in other colors.

THE INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Isopropyl Lanolate, Ozokerite, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Disteardimonium Hectorite, BHT, Propylparaben [+/- (May Contain): Titanium Dioxide (77891), Iron Oxides (77491, 77492, 77499), Talc (77718), Kaolin (77004)]

The ingredients that stuck out to me were Ozokerite, which I've never heard of but it's just a mineral wax or paraffin, and Kaolin, which has oil-absorbing properties. So I wondered if this would crease easily since it has mineral oil as it's first ingredient and plus the label claims to be smudge and crease proof. Hmm...we'll see...

THE PACKAGING: I hate the screw top lid because the plastic threading is a little rough and will stick to itself, making it hard to open. A flip top lid would be better. The labels are "homemade" because the Scandalous label is just printed on a sticker.


LET'S DO SOME SWATCHES!


I'm going to use 6 different bases that range from low end to high end products.
I'll also use this same eyeshadow color over all 6 bases.
This is from my new Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance Policy Palette.


Here are the 6 bases. The TFSI is invisible. (Click pics to enlarge)And swatched with Lucky Charms


SWATCH RESULTS: Judge for yourself. I think because the NYX and Scandalous bases are white, they make the color of the green eyeshadow more true. But since the elf and MAC bases were more of a lime green color, they tweaked Lucky Charms to a green with slight yellow undertones. TFSI definately needs an extra base over it to make the color pop; I rarely use this by itself anyway. The Physician's Formula base came out pretty good. So I don't think one base stood out more significantly than another. I was kind of expecting a MAJOR difference with the Scandalous base but I don't see it. Do you?

Here's some swatches from a previous post that were done over the Scandalous Eyeshadow Magnet. They're gorgeous! =)


APPLICATION TIP: I think I used a little too much the first time I tried it. Instead of swirling your finger onto the product, which might pick up too much, just tap your finger into it a few times and apply it to your eye area. Then blend it out well with your finger or a brush.

CREASING:
First of all, I have oily eyelids. I've tried this product without Too Faced Shadow Insurance underneath it and it definitely creased. But after using it over TFSI, I had no creasing as long as I didn't put too much Scandalous base on top of that. You'll have to get used to the consistency and figure out how much is suitable for you.

RECOMMENDATIONS: I wouldn't say that it's a must-have but if you want to try another base just for the heck of it, then you might want to give the Scandalous base a shot. I actually like it better than the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils because for me those products are too soft, creamy and oily. They always crease on me before I leave the house in the morning even with TFSI under it.

THE VERDICT: WORTHY, BUT FOR ME, NOT A MUST-HAVE

2 comment(s):

Farangis said...

I was thinking of get this base...
But I have dry eye lids and only the crease get a little more "normal" over the day. So if I don't use a base at all (only my mineral makeup) creasing will start, if there is any, after about 8h. Normal temperature ^_-
I used UDPP for over a month and it dried my lids even more, so I had to let go of this really good base *sigh*

Now I'm testing CS eye-poxy primer - which is great for normal powder e/s even though the consistancy is odd but definitly nothing for cream e/s. There is the german brand UMA which does have a good primer, but it's as drying as UDPP *sigh* (and I DO use eye cream underneath...)

So maybe this base is more for me with my dry eyelids?

Thi said...

Hey Lady :)

I bought a base that looks EXACTLY like this from TheSheSpace (About Face) and jW Cosmetics for about $8 or less.

They look exactly alike!

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB