Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Kick Azz $5 Palettes- Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions

I've always heard about how good the Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palettes are, but I never got around to them. I don't know why I didn't buy these earlier! They are very well-pigmented, not to mention inexpensive.

~SPECS~

PRICE: Around $5 (My local Walgreen's are a rip off! I went to 3 different locations located within 2 or 3 miles of each other and each store had a different price: $5, $5.29 & $5.49. WTF?)
PRODUCT AMOUNT: 8 colors; 9.5 g in total.
COLORS AVAILABLE: (3)- Sand Castle, Paradise Cove & Fantasy Island
TEXTURE: Soft but not chalky
INGREDIENTS: Click here
MAKEUP ALLEY REVIEW: Click here

PROS: Very well-pigmented; has a huge pull-out mirror; sponge tip applicator clips inside the palette so it doesn't annoyingly fall out; inexpensive; easy to find

CONS: Thick, bulky packaging; not enough matte highlight colors; limited color selection


The Sand Castle palette has the perfect summer colors and any neutral color lover will adore this. Sand Castle has more of a shimmery finish than the Paradise Cove palette. I don't care for the bottom left color; even though it's matte it has small sparkly pieces in it, which I don't like. The rest are shimmers.





Paradise Cove is also a great palette for neutral color lovers, even though it contains a pretty purple and burgundy color. The bottom-left color has a semi-matte finish while the rest are shimmers.





FINAL THOUGHTS: I ADORE THEM!


******************************


So those were the "kick ass $5 palettes" but I'll also include something else. Since Walgreen's was having a BOGO (your free item couldn't be more than $4.49), I picked up a couple trios with my purchase of the Ultimate Expressions palettes. These are called the Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Eyeshadow Trios.



SPECS

PRICE: Around $3
PRODUCT AMOUNT: 3 colors; 4.2 g
COLORS AVAILBLE: (6)- Amazon Greens, Island Blues, Belgian Chocolates, Egyptian Sands, Mojave Mauves, Venetian Violets
TEXTURE: Drier and not as soft as the Ultimate Expressions palettes
INGREDIENTS: Click here

PROS: Pull-out mirror; easy to find anywhere

CONS: NOT AS PIGMENTED AS THE 8-COLOR ULTIMATE EXPRESSIONS palettes; dinky sponge tip applicator





FINAL THOUGHTS: I'm not buying these trios again. But hey, they were free anyway.


******************************


Now for the fun part: The Dupes...

Think about it! Scroll to the bottom for the answer.


The Wet n Wild palette is more pigmented than the Physicians Formula. It took more swipes to swatch Baked Sands.


I've heard that the 3rd color in the Amazon Greens trio could be a dupe for MAC Sumptuous Olive or Henna.


Did you guess correctly? =)
But remember, the trios are not as pigmented as the 8-color palettes. I had to rub my brush in the WnW green several times to get it to look like this.

I LOVE Paradise Cove and Sand Castle.

I think I'm cool with all my eyeshadows for now. After my NYX haul, that's it!

(Note: All swatches were done over the Scandalous eyeshadow base)

6 comment(s):

Vanessa M. said...

wow those are some nice colors!

YingX said...

wow! thanks for the swatches. i am definitely going to grab some too!

My-My said...

I love those WnW Expression Palettes. I got all 3 of them. Not all at once. It started out with Paradise Cove. I was so surprised by its pigmentation, I some how ended up with all the palettes. :P

adriana said...

wow! i think 'll try those.

can you recommend a good drugstore blush?

Lady Lostris said...

@Vanessa, I love the colors too!

@YingX, you're welcome :)

@My-My, the pigmentation is awesome, huh? I bought Paradise Cove first also and then I went back for Sand Castle because I liked the 1st one so much. I didn't really care for the Fantasy Island colors though.

@adriana, love those palettes! As for drugstore blush, I stay away from all of them because most have talc as the first ingredient and I'm sensitive to that. But I do like the Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear blushes. =)

PBunnieP said...

Thanks so much for the swatches. They're so clear and just what i was looking for. I'm totally checking those out next time i go shopping.

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB