Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Glosses: MAC Dazzleglass Dupes


Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Glosses (3.1 g) actually have real crushed up gems in them, such as tourmaline, citrine, amethyst and ruby! It's available in 10 hypnotic colors and go for about $7.99 at the drugstore. I've had these for a while and love them but I know they look hardly used. I've been neglecting some of my makeup badly.

Here's a closeup of Bejeweled. This color has the most multicolored shimmer in it than the other two I own. It's lighter and peachier than Bling Bling.

CHARACTERISTICS
  • Will give you a glasslike finish similar to clear MAC lipglass
  • A dupe for the MAC Dazzleglasses
  • Slightly gritty but not bothersome; not sticky or tacky either
  • Sheer color with a hint of tint
  • Cool-looking packaging; the handle resembles crumpled foil (I love the handle!)
  • Brush tip applicator
  • Has a sweet/plastic odor, to me at least, but doesn't bother me
  • Twinkles up your lips
  • When used on bare lips, it is noticeably numbing but when used over a lipstick it feels less numb (that's the only weird thing about it)
  • Packaging is deceiving; when viewed on end, the tube is much skinnier on the inside, kind of like the e.l.f. Plumping Lip Glazes packaging



I've used Rich, a fuschia color pictured below, about 3 or 4 times and it's already gone down quite a bit since the diameter of the inner tube is so slim.
You'll notice the actual level of the product when you remove the brush for the first time. This sucker goes down fast!

Natural light

With flash

Bling Bling- nude, brownish tone with multicolored twinkle
Bejeweled- peachy color with lots of multicolored twinkle
Rich- fuschia pink color with rose and silver twinkle
Other colors available are: Precious, Treasure, Embellished, Lavish, Sumptuous, Sparkling & Glitz. (Pictures on Walgreens.com are better than the swatches on the Sally Hansen website.)

FINAL GRADE: 4 out of 5 stars
despite the weird numb feeling

3 comment(s):

Sofia said...

very pretty..I think I shall buy ine of these :D

Sofia said...

*one

Farangis said...

Whenever you post rviews I want to try this product too. Good thing they are mostly not available here, otherwise I'd end up broke *chuckle*

BUT it's really good to know that there are dupes for high pricy MAC products. I do like most of MAC but I dislike the price. Thanks again^^

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB