Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Welcome To My Joint!

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog. Click on any picture to enlarge and view the Disclaimer at the very bottom.

Review: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Eyeshadow


Have you noticed I buy a lot of eyeshadows? I know huh. But I like to try out different brands. I heard some pretty good things about the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty eyeshadow palette so I snagged one up when it was 25% off. The regular price is $8, which is higher than most drugstore brands but I got it for $6.



This line was inspired by Carmindy, who is the makeup artist on the TV show "What Not To Wear". She wanted to create a makeup line with all-natural ingredients and NO PARABENS. Some of the "nutrients" in this line include avocado oil, bamboo powder, cork oak extract, papaya extract, olive leaf extract and pomegranate.

Click pic to see ingredients
But on to the eyeshadow palette review...

PACKAGING:
You get 3.5g of product but I wish they'd give you an even amount of each color. The case is kind of big and bulky, it's almost as big as my palm but it's flat so it's stackable. It comes with a cheap sponge applicator that sits right on top of the lower eyeshadow and gets in the way.

PRICE: $7.99 at most drugstores. I think that's a little high for a trio, especially this one.

PIGMENTATION: Well-pigmented

TEXTURE: Powdery, not smooth and I found it a little hard to blend.

INGREDIENTS: Talc is the first followed by CORN STARCH, which is not common in most eyeshadows. Maybe that's why I didn't like the texture of it?

THE OCEAN EYE PALETTE: This is one of the 8 trios and features a med/dark grey with slight blueish tones, an ivory highlight and a royal blue. All three are shimmery but not frosty.

FINAL THOUGHTS: For the price, I was not impressed with these shadows and I did not like the texture. I don't think it's worth $8 but at least I got them for $6. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. They're ok but I don't think they're anything special. However, I do love the colors and the other trios have very wearable colors.

FINAL GRADE: 3 out of 5 stars

(Swatched over a NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Cottage Cheese)


Other products in the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty line are the Fast Fix Concealer, Always Perfect Liquid Eyeliner and Color Comfort Lip Color which have had great reviews. I'm definitely trying out their lipstick but they're pretty pricey at $9.99 each.
Here's my review of their AMAZING Color Comfort Lipsticks.

0 comment(s):

 
Lady Lostris Beauty | TNB